Friday, July 20, 2007

And away we go...

Well, I will at least.

I leave Antigua tomorrow morning for Coban, a mountain town that is near the luscious and prescious Lanquin and Semuc Champey.

I´m sad to leave Antigua, as I have really come to appreciate it, it´s setting betwixt the volcanoes and highlands, and it´s historic feel. Yet, evenings have been lonely and I think that starting up with travelling again will help finish my last week in style.

To continue a bit from yesterday...raise your hand if you´re currently reading something extracuricularly. Ok good. If you didn´t raise your hand, do me a favor and start reading. Something. Anything. Thanks.

And now I´ve included pictures of myself with Irma


And here is one of me and Antonio
Yes, the beard is back. Watch out. Although I look a bit messy these days.

I truly enjoyed my homestay and my Spanish lessons and if anyone else ventures as far south as Antigua, I will gladly hook you up with Irma and Antonio.

Oh, and they have a turtle, so what the hey. Go ninja, go ninja go.

Besos.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Adam

Bravisimo......

Bises

Pappa

trixieb said...

Adam, I enjoyed the pictures of Irma and Antonio. Is Antonio Irma's husband.

Please let them know how much your mother appreciates the good care that they've given you.

What kind of turtle is that?

I went to the Youth Garden again today. I can't say that I helped. I ate blueberries, and then I bought some more and corn.

There was a chef doing a demo and several of the boys seemed to be very interested. She and I learned how to say some ingredients in Spanish. It has been my experience, and today confirms it again, that boys are very interested in cooking.

FYI: There are two sequels to "confessions". I have them if you would like to read them.

There is currently a class action suit against Chiquita for human rights violations in Colombia. This company, beginning as United Fruit has had much influence in Guatemala. Perhaps you and Antonio discussed this.

Remember Marc and I went to hear John Perkins speak about his new book and also global movements. This is something we should discuss when you get back. I am focussing on the effects of globalization in my classes and I would like to share some of the resources I have with you. This effects everything.

Adam said...

I would be interested mom, thank you. We´ll talk of course.

Did you get my message last night?