Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Not calling in Sick

Man oh man... I had it rough yesterday. Maybe it was that Tamale, or maybe it was the hamburger at Sporks, or the Chicken Fajitas at contiuously overrated reading Rainbow room, or perhaps it was the other side of Karma for making fun of Argetina, I don't know...but I was SICK yesterday.

Suffering, I think I had a small fever and a big stomach problem. I trudged along and went to my Spanish lessons, and did well for about three hours, but I eventually had to stop there, and walked my weak legs back to Irma's house.

With my mom's voice in my head, I put on all the warm clothes I had to sweat out the fever and passed out for three hours, missing my lunch. I woke up dazed, lethargic, and hungry. Irma was working around the house, and she asked me if I wanted to watch TV. Boy I started rejoicing, that's all I wanted. She made me some tea and some toast, and I was all set.

Together we watched CSI (the first and likely only time I will see this show) and some other stuff, and we chatted. It was just what the doctor, my mom, or anyone could have ordered.

Plus I got a ton of loving channeled my way from Roni, so that helped me get through.

Today's lessons were short, and I don't know how much I'm really retaining, but Antonio and I are having conversations about interesting things in Spanish and that has made this experience totally worth it.

Also, it feels great "living" in Antigua. This is a really cool place and it feels nice just kinda being around.

Y'all take it easy now.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bones

Que lastima. Lo siento que se mejore pronto.

Nada mas aqui. El Gigantes muy malo y los A's el mismo. Los A's traded Kendall a Cubbies...Cubbbies muy bueno. El Yankees mas bien pero Boston el mismo.

MI madre es bueno pero no conoce usar su Blog.

Fresno 107 F Domngo pero no humidor.....pero 107 es 107

Aqui, "rain"(primero tiempo en doce anos otra de un poco drops)) manana.....3/4 " predictomente

Hasta Luego, mi hijo.

Pappa

trixieb said...

Adam,

I am glad that you took good care of yourself, got to have tea and watch TV with Irma.

Good medicine!

Love (doctor) Momma

Unknown said...

Como esta usted?

Mejor pocito?

Los Gigantes 4 Cubbies 2
Bonds no HR para 2-3 semana y tiene 751. El gente que no le gustan Bonds para todo los "wrong reasons" qiueren sangre ....mo es bonita.

Digame, en Guayamala, los gentes le gustan Americanos otra de para el dollar? El occupacion en Iraq, los gente ayi tienen "opinions"?

Aqui, el Senate es un grand theater y en "session" el "past 24 horas continuously" en TV.......y Bush "still sings the same song"....pero creo que el "shit will hit the fan" any day in either a new atrocity we have yet suspected.....o....el presidente no mas

So, mi hijo, el mundo, is watching and is getting more angry towards Americans, norte dia y dia. Precaucion, por favor y grand vigilente pero no necessita to worry......para usted conoce Al Queda es en America, central para "training" y entry en Estados Unidos.......so, be careful declaring who you are(ii.e., a Jew) and how you may feel......this is not hyperbole nor paranoia, thus spoken in English and with love and care.

Stay cool, mi hijo

Con Amor

Pappa

Unknown said...

Que pasa?

Usted es bueno o infirmo?

Necessita usted un medico?

Pappa

trixieb said...

Adam,

Como estas mi hijo?

Mama

vinh said...

yes, please stay in! we don't want you to be out&about, then suddenly catch a case of the runs, and then go running into some poor restaurant and defiling their kitchen floor... no, certainly, we don't want that.

Adam said...

Yes, I do feel better, thanks Mom and Dad.

Just one rough day.

No worries Vinh, there aren´t Pho shops in Antigua, at least none that I can find.