Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Flores

A wise person, my father, once told me that my expectations are too high. He might be right. I expected a lot from Finca, and was disappointed. I expected NOTHING from Flores, and highly enjoyed it.

Flores, from what I heard, is a small island town close to the site of Tikal. It was supposed to be a stopover to something better. Furthermore, it was supposed to be saturated with tourists. Well, it is saturated with tourists, it is close to Tikal, and it is a stopover town.

But it is also really pleasent and it was a great respite for us. We didn not expect to get another swimming opportunity and we sure did abuse it. It was very warm when we got here, and the swimming really took the edge off.

For dinner we went to La Luna (excellent!!!!) and had a great dinner and earned ourselves free shots of Rum. Woohooooo. We are going again tonight and meeting a french couple we met today.

If you are to come to Guatemala and visit Tikal which is a must, I highly recommend trying to stay in El Rammate and eating at La Luna in Flores. Trust me.

No comments: